Thursday, April 4, 2013

Assignment #9: People: Portraits & candid

Criteria 2: Setting. While trekking through Makoshika, I spotted a cool hill. The sandstone was really warm, so I sat back to enjoy the peace and quiet for a minute.

Criteria 8: Expression. I was asked to photograph a large family. Here are the sisters showing sisterly love

Criteria 3: Uncommon perspective. My cousin as I stood above her on the stairs and yelled "smile!"

Criteria 9: People interacting. My cousin and her son during a sweet moment together on Easter.

Criteria 10: Self portrait. I usually never take a picture without make-up of some sort, but the natural light from the bathroom was casting a glow that made me appreciate all the spots and wrinkles.

Criteria 7: Series. My nephew was having a total 2 year old moment on Easter. Happy one minute, mad the next, happy, mad. He's so fun!

Criteria 6: Focus on body parts. Face again. Held the camera out at arms length and got some side views of my profile.

My choice. I made up a new recipe (Cinnamon Almond granola with coconut oil) It was so good that I had to take a picture so I can post it and the recipe on my blog! Yum!

My choice. Easter fun. My daughter and plastic eggs :)

My choice: Nephew with Grandpa's huge boots on. He thought he was pretty cool!