Thursday, March 21, 2013

What I did over Spring Break (Assignment #7)

Sunset over the river. We were standing on my garage trying to get a picture of the "golden hour" for next week's assignment. I love the dark tree against the bright colors. I edited the contrast and the saturation on this photo.

Another sunset photo over the Yellowstone. The sky was so pretty. Edited contrast and saturation.

We walked down to DCHS on Friday March 15th for the lighting celebration of loved ones who are gone. I was trying hard to work on my night time photography skills. This one turned out cool--but not how I was hoping. Linda reminded me that I have to have a tripod when taking night time -no flash photos. Noted! :)

Here is one of the floating paper lanterns. Again, not what I saw with my eyes, but the cool Arabic writing in the sky is interesting. No flash. No tripod. Will remember this next time.

Woke up on Saturday to no snow. Came out of the gym to see lots of snow. Rushed home to get pics of the fluffiness. It was like cotton. Really weird texture. No flash

Fluffy snow on my railing. It looked like someone ripped open a pillow. Fluffy and soft. No flash.

I was not made for winter. I wear flip-flops to the gym and people look at me like I'm crazy. I just keep telling myself "It's white warm sand"... Scarf + flip-flops + snow + no pedicure = Spring fever!!

All this talk of snow brings me to something else I did over Spring Break: work on plans to get us OUT of the snow. It's our dream to live where it's warm. That warm place would be Hawaii... Maui, HI. A girl's gotta dream-and I do dream big. So I worked on how to get us there, living, jobs, ect, ect, ect. Someday I will live on the beach :)

And while I was looking at warm tropical pictures of beaches, palm trees, and coconuts.. This was what it looked like out the window that I was sitting by. Wet. Cold. Gross. Miserable. I liked how the shades created weird dark lines against the bright snow. I'm ready to move now :) No flash.